HOW TO HANG WALLPAPER IN YOUR HOME IN SIMPLE STEPS
Are you still itching to learn how to hang wallpaper in your room without any success?
If your answer is yes, welcome onboard because this article is specially meant for you.
You only have to follow the steps in this article, and your challenges of hanging wallpaper in your room will be over.
How To Get The Walls Ready
For this coating to be easy to work and last for a long time, ensure that the walls are smooth, dry, and clean.
After washing and sanding the paint off, you can put wallpaper right over painted walls.
Once you’ve removed old wallpaper, wash the walls to remove any glue, grease, dust, or leftover coating.
When your walls are dry, use a filler to fill in any holes our war cracks.
Also, try to remove any electrical plugs and switches from the wall you’ll be wallpapering.
Where Should I Start When I’m Putting Up Wallpaper?
The right way to start well-hanging wallpaper on your wall is to start with a wall without doors or windows. It will help you cover the whole length from the ceiling to the baseboard.
Choose where to put the first strip if your wallpaper has a pattern,
If you live in a house with a fireplace or a recess in the middle, you can start there and then move in both directions so that the centre of the pattern will be symmetrical.
How To Pick The Right Wallpaper
Wallpaper is a fantastic way to decorate your home’s walls. The reason is that you can use it in many ways. You can use it with stripes, flowers, black-and-white papers, papers for kids, and complicated patterns.
The Benefits of Using Wallpaper In Your House
Wallpaper has a lot of benefits:
• It’s easy to clean because it can and washed,
• It keeps your walls from getting scratched,
• You can use it with painted walls and create different atmospheres and textures.
• It’s great for covering cracks, stains, or any other flaws.
Consider The Following Before Choosing The Wallpaper For Your Room
• Drawing attention to a wall: If you intend to draw attention to one of the walls, use a combination of different papers. The best strategy is to pick one with light colours and the other with bright colours. Vinyl is the best choice for making your wall stand out.
• Make the room look bigger: If you want to make a room look bigger, choose smooth paper and, preferably light colours. These will make your room feel bigger and give it more light. But, if you want to make a big room seem smaller, you should use dark colours.
• Choose warm colours: If you want to make a room where you feel good, choose paper with warm colours. Such papers guarantee a relaxing and cosy atmosphere.
• Change the look of your furniture. One of the main features of wallpaper is that it can give your house a different look. So, they are a safe choice if you want to update your furniture and decor without buying new ones. You can even put the wallpaper on the bottom of a shelf or cabinet to give old furniture a new look.
Types Of Wall Coverings
With wallpaper, you can do anything you want. There’re many types of paper such as plain, printed, phoney materials, and so on. It’s essential for you to know the different types of wallpapers if you want to use them to decorate your house. It’ll help you to choose the one that goes best with your room:
• Vinyl: It has a paper base and a layer of vinyl on top. It is strong and can stand up to light and moisture. So, it is good for walls that get a lot of use. Vinyl’s biggest benefit is that it is easy and quick to put up. It sticks well and can be used on any surface.
• Nonwoven wallpaper: It’s a product of textiles and vinyl. It is the best choice for kids’ rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, and hallways because it doesn’t get worn down. Like vinyl, non-woven wallpaper only needs glue to hang up.
• Paper: As the name implies, paper is more fragile than the other options, So put it on the walls of rooms that don’t get a lot of foot traffic. It is made of fabric and paper, so when it is used, it looks very elegant and sophisticated. It takes the most time because you have to glue the paper to the wall, but the results are great.
When choosing a paper, you should also think of how it will look on the wall. Because of this, walls made of plaster or wood are not a good idea. When these things happen, it’s harder to put up wallpaper. With plaster, you’ll get a crumpled piece of paper that looks like sloppy work. The result won’t be pretty or satisfying. You can do this with wood as long as its surface is smooth and stable. Use non-woven papers, which are best for furniture and wooden surfaces.
How To Hang Wallpaper On Your Wall
Bravo! You now know what wallpapers are and their different types. The next step is to figure out how to hang it on your wall. Thus, the recommendation is that you follow the following instructions on how to hang wallpaper on your wall:
1. Get a helper: To put up wallpaper, you need two people. If you are starting, never start by yourself! The back is where you should stick traditional wallpaper. To do this, you have to let it soak up some glue, but be careful not to let it soak up too much, or it will tear even faster., The paper might come off fast if you don’t use enough glue. Time is everything!
2. Get the room ready: Before putting up wallpaper, you need to set up the room. Even though the placement is usually easy, you should move any furniture that gets in the way of your work. Clear the room so you can work in comfort and without any distractions.
3. Prepare the surface: It’s important to prepare the surface you’re going to put the wallpaper on. It’ll help you choose the right paper and do the job right. The wall must be made ready, and able to soak up water. From our years of experience in the Wallpaper business, Moorescapets will kindly recommend that you fill in any cracks or holes so that you can work on a flat surface.
Remove any wallpaper that’s already there and sand down any lumps or bumps you find underneath. If you’re papering onto painted walls, then give them a quick sand and wash with sugar soap to help the wallpaper paste stick.
4. Cut the paper: The next step is to cut the paper you intend to use. It is best to measure the height of the wall in more than one place and always leave about 5 cm at the top and bottom. Do the following math to figure out how many strips of paper to cut: divide the length of the roll by the height of the wall plus half of the repeat.
5. Get the glue ready. Once the paper is set, you can put the wallpaper on the wall. Remember that if it is Vinyl or Non-Woven paper, it will be enough to put glue on the back of the paper and hang it directly against the wall. But, if it is paper, you will also have to put it on the wall.
Please read the directions on how to use the paste and then use a brush to spread it on the paper.
6. Putting up wallpaper: It’s time to put up wallpaper. Place the wallpaper strips by strips by making sure there is no space between them. Use a brush or your hands to smooth out the paper for a smooth finish.
You’ve to be careful doing this. What matters is that the strips are lined up so that they blend in with the rest of your work. You need to leave a few centimetres sticking out
when you put up wallpaper in corners, around door or window frames, or over an obstacle like a radiator,
You can cut these off with a cutter or a pair of scissors. Now that you know how to hang wallpaper, whether it’s non-woven, vinyl, or paper, and how to hang wallpaper in a corner, all we can do is wish you luck!
As you can see, hanging wallpaper on your wall isn’t a difficult task. It needs three things: attention, care, and commitment.
It’s great that you know how to place the wallpaper on a wall. Contact Moorescarpets for any carpet or wallpaper needs you, any of your family members, or friends may have.
See our other blog posts here: